2018-06-06 — Anisha Rajput, SuccessFactors Consultant, Zalaris UK&I
In the fifth post in our series reviewing the updates in the Q2 2018 SuccessFactors release, Anisha Rajput, SuccessFactors Consultant, Zalaris UK&I takes a look at updates in Recruiting Management, Marketing and Posting.
Recruiting Management, Marketing Posting contains major features introduced in this quarter, especially in the areas of Candidate Relationship Management, Multiple Location Posting and Brand Management.
SAP SuccessFactors Q2 2018 Review Recruiting Management, Marketing Posting
By Anisha Rajput, SuccessFactors Consultant, Zalaris UK&I
This year's Q2 release from SuccessFactors has introduced many major features within Recruiting Management, Recruiting Marketing and Recruiting Posting which are very exciting.
In this article I will be talking about some of my personal highlights of this release.
Recruiting Management – Major Enhancements
Relationship Management: This area explores three main topics.
1. Talent Pools–These are group of contacts who may be matched to various job opportunities. Talent Pools are a great way to group candidates together to help the team filter, search and manage. Recruiters and Hiring Managers can search these as a more targeted method of candidate sourcing
- Talent Pools are accessed via Recruiting > Candidates > Talent Pools
- Create New Talent Pools – Public Talent Pools will be shared with everyone who has permissions to Talent Pool feature (based on RBP). Private talent pools can be visible only to owner, or the owner can choose to share the pool with other users. Only the owner of the pool can edit attributes of the pool or share it with other users. Users who has been shared the Talent Pool can view the pool and add members (candidates) but cannot edit.
- Clicking on the Talent Pool name from the Talent Pool list page will bring up the Talent Pool Detail page showing all Members (candidates) who are in the talent pool. It is possible to see all members or members who are in different pipeline statuses.
Those familiar with Succession & Development will recognise Talent Pools as it’s a key feature within that module. This operates on the same basic principle whereby groups of people are created as successors to a position – instead these will be candidates for a position.
2. Candidate Search Enhancement–Candidate Search has been enhanced to search for candidates in Talent Pools as well as fields from Candidate Profile Extension. A new action to add selected candidates to talent pool is also available. Searching for candidates with talent pools attributes are a great way to filter and search for candidates. In addition, you can search for candidates with certain attributes, then select one, many or all candidates from the search results and add them to a talent pool.
3. Candidate Profile and Correspondence - a new action to email candidates directly has been added to the Candidate Profile. Candidate Profile has more information about the candidate such as talent pool information (visible only to Recruiting users, not candidates) Being able to email a candidate directly from their Profile and being able to see emails that were sent, makes the system more convenient to use. This has been enhanced to show:
Talent Pools that the candidate is a member of in the ‘Talent Pools’ portlet.
Emails that have been sent to candidate from Candidate Profile or from Candidate Search in the ‘Correspondence’ portlet.
Candidate Profile Extension has enhancements and changes.
Multi Location Postings: For Recruiting customers, job requisitions can be created and posted with more than one value for the location field. It would be necessary to mark one of the locations selected as a Primary Location. Candidates can then search for this job by any of the locations selected on the job requisition. Jobs in RCM (Recruiting Management) that have multiple locations will be displayed in RMK(Recruiting Marketing)/CSB (Career Site Builder) with multiple locations. Additional RMK setup is not required. When multiple locations are configured on a job requisition in RCM it will automatically be displayed with the corresponding locations in RMK. Which I am sure many of consultants like myself would appreciate the reduction in workload.
Recruiting Marketing – Major Enhancements
Brand Set-up and Management in CSB: Self-serve brand setup and management in the Career Site Builder in Admin Centre is now available. Brands are saved to MDF and will be used to assist with CRM (Candidate Relationship Management) email layouts and simplifying the implementation of mobile application. Brands transitioned from only being accessible in RMK to BizX MDF. Brands can be used across all of Recruiting and the rest of the Suite.
Candidate Relationship Management Email Campaign Layouts: Email campaigns will be created and initiated from RCM UI. CSB Email Layouts will manage the branding, content, layout of HTML or text emails. Email layouts can be managed self-serve via Career Site Builder. Email Campaign in RCM will consume the email layouts.
Candidate Relationship Management Data Capture Forms: With Candidate Relationship Management features, SAP SuccessFactors provides data capture forms that enable recruiting users to customize candidate questionnaire forms that can appear in Career Site Builder and on-site landing pages. Data Capture Forms allow for clients to use Career Site Builder landing pages to capture new leads. All new candidate leads from data capture forms is saved to the RCM database.
Candidate Relationship Management Data Capture Forms DPCS: This is to integrate DPCS (Data privacy Consent Statement) workflow into the CSB landing page data capture form process. When a client has DPCS active then the same consent statements should be displayed to users that enter information on the data capture forms. Data capture form leads can go through the DPCS workflow before they are added to the RCM database.
Recruiting Posting – Major Enhancements
Posting Jobs with Recruiting Postings from within Recruiting Management: Direct job postings are now available to external job boards with the Recruiting Posting module, in the ‘Job Postings’ section of the job requisition. This means to post and manage job requisitions externally, users can now access Recruiting Posting from within the job requisition view in Recruiting Management. There is no context switching – recruiting users will be automatically authenticated, and most of the needed job details will be prepopulated for them. Whereas, previously, customers had to navigate through 'Market Jobs' to post job with Recruiting Posting.
Admin Centre – Manage Recruiting Posting: Recruiting Postings can now be accessed directly from Admin Centre. Customers previously had to request support to manage their posting profiles and manage their job boards. These features are now enabled in self-service for the customers. This will improve the time to set up new job boards and their configuration.